Monday, April 10, 2006

Introduction

Greetings and welcome to ECAM, the Emirates Capital Asset Management blog.

My name is Dwayne Malone. I am a pilot with Emirates currently employed on the Airbus fleet.

While flying is my job, my real hobby and passion (other than my wife Susan!) is stock market Technical Analysis (TA). Over the years I have used TA to guide both my investments within the Provident Fund (A & B accounts) and also my other investments. Utilizing TA has allowed me to gain the most from the market in the "good times" yet be out of the market (or in fact profit) during the "bad times". As our provident fund is the only source of retirement income available to most pilots, it is essential that proper management of the funds takes place to maximize returns. Hence my interest to provide information to the pilots within Emirates.

In the past few years I have had many requests from EK pilots to provide them with information concerning stock market investment. Specifically they were interested in what I was doing within my own account. Unfortunately the number of emails have been getting a little tough to manage so I thought it would be easier to simply publish information on the web and have each individual at their leisure peruse the site and utilize the information as they see fit.

As such, my intent with this blog is to provide Emirates pilots with some education and guidance in how to manage their group provident fund. It will contain both specific information on what I am doing within my own account and also educational information and articles to further your understanding of how to invest wisely. While some of the information (at least initially) might be somewhat "simplistic" to those with previous TA experience, over time I will gradually add more and more interesting articles. However, I will not allow the site to go to such a degree that it loses the majority (no options, futures, complicated hedge strategies, etc) as it would defeat the purpose for which it is intended.

Please feel free to forward the sight address to those colleagues who might be interested. Also please feel free to write questions and/or comments and I'll do my best to address them asap (within my 8 days off per month!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz