Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Potential Top Warning......be careful here.

No charts today as I just got back from a trip and have no time to update the site with updated charts.

Everything I posted previous on the charts still stands. We are still in an intermediate to long term uptrend. Nothing on the charts I posted previous changes that.

Having said the above, my proprietary indicators (which I normally do not disclose and use as part of my non-EK portfolio investment decisions) have issued a preliminary sell signal. As such, I have put a 100% neutral positional hedge on the ECAM asset allocation fund.

I would normally not disclose such information but I am on leave for the next 3 weeks and will have limited internet access during that time (my house in Mexico still does not have broad band internet installed.......grrrrrr).

Long term subscribers of the ECAM site know when I leave for a few weeks it is usually a tell tale sign of increased market volatility and huge market moves. Funny how this happens.

I remain invested 50% equities/50% USD cash in the EK Provident fund and am now 100% hedged neutral in the ECAM asset allocation fund (via DIA puts). If there are further changes I will attempt to blog my changes while I am on leave.

Bottom Line:

No changes to my EK provident fund positions but for those who are risk adverse; be VERY, VERY careful.

This is no time to add to positions; long term investors should hold for the time being. Short term investors need to be VERY careful. Without giving "specific" advice....enough said I think.


Legal Disclaimer:

The content on this site is provided without any warranty, express or implied. All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors or omissions. NO MATERIAL HERE CONSTITUTES "INVESTMENT ADVICE" NOR IS IT A RECOMMENDATION TO BUY OR SELL ANY FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO STOCKS, OPTIONS, BONDS OR FUTURES. The author will reveal his current market positions and holdings but actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site are your sole responsibility. The author is not licensed as an investment advisor in the UAE and therefore cannot provide individual account advice to individuals and/or institutions.

dwaynemalone1@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz